Cable Assembly Technician
Orange, CA 92808
Serves in the Production Department for Assembled Products and reports to the Production Supervisor and Assistant Production Supervisor.
- Performs Assembly and required wiring of various electronic equipment and electronic and mechanical component assemblies.
- Complete wiring and assembly, point to point wiring, cable and harness installation.
- Interprets assembly drawings, wire lists, and schematics
- Proficient with hand tools, soldering irons, wire strippers and crimpers
- Practical knowledge of basic electrical circuits, equipment and practices
- Performs complex and intricate wiring of chassis, consoles and control enclosures
- Ability to assemble printed wiring boards, perform thru-hole and surface mount terminations into circuit boards
- Follows departmental and company procedures to achieve the highest quality product.
(i.e., Instructions in Job Packet)
- Follows both written and verbal instructions
- Completes required paperwork accurately
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area. Places completed work in proper place, protecting hardware from damage during assembly and completion
- Clear understanding of all safety practices and proper use of safety equipment provided.
- Is expected to seek assistance or clarification when needed from Supervisor, and report to supervisor when job has been completed.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Technical school or equivalent or on the job training
- Mechanical ability and knowledge with production equipment
- Ability to read drawings and wire schematics
- Clear understanding of the English Language Read, Write and Speak