Coding Analyst - Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV
This Coding Analyst opportunity will offer growth and advancement for career minded healthcare professionals. As a Coding Analyst, you will be responsible for processing claims and ensuring coding accuracy for all records. Working with high-volume records, attention to detail, research, and professional communication with physicians are a critical component of this role.
Coding Analyst Responsibilities
• Maintain medical records, reviewing them for completeness and accuracy, along with compliance to state and federal regulations.
• Identify coding discrepancies and effectively communicate findings to patients.
• Uphold productivity standards and work with the senior analysts to follow up on appeals and denials.
• Handling billing edits and auditing code to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
• Assist the billing department, including reviewing memos and resolving problem accounts.
• Attend meetings and mandatory educational training.
Ideal Certified Medical Coder will have...
• College degree or equivalent education (RHIT a plus!)
• 3+ years working directly with physician's and insurance companies
• Appeals experience preferred
• Thorough understanding of coding software (ICD9/10, DRG grouper, CPT-4 and Outpatient Code Editor)
• Solid understanding of federal, state and Medicare medical billing laws
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Excellent research and investigation skills are a must
Position & Benefits
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and more.
Salary is DOE and based on years of experience and certifications. Performance is measured by the quality and accuracy of production, attendance, professionalism, and overall teamwork.
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.