Houston, TX 77057
AtWork Personnel - Houston West is seeking a skilled person responsible for all accounting operations for a local pharmacy.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for month-end reporting, working with operational teams to promote efficiencies, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. You will also be responsible for interacting with and giving presentations to various levels of management throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting and revenue cycle for 7 pharmacies
- Oversee month end billing and financial close processes for the pharmacies.
- Financial statement analysis to provide in depth understanding of business units; create recommendations to promote efficiency, cost effective procedures, and improved profitability.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete review annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide weekly and/or monthly projections on financial progress of individual facilities.
- Propose and implement solutions to support cost reduction and reporting enhancement.
- Provide labor management support to operational teams.
- Participate in the execution and refinement of the company's comprehensive business planning process.
- Complete monthly reporting responsibilities as well as working with the facilities during financial statement reviews.
- Completion of general periodic departmental requirements
- Collaborate with management to increase efficiencies with updated processes and additional software when required.
- Adjust, recruit and interview billing staff in coordination with pipeline/growth.
- Communicate with the Pharmacy operators concerning monthly financial results and other financial matters.
- Manage annual audit.
- Prepare for and run monthly operations reviews.
- Creation and modifications of LLCs as needed with the Secretary of State
- Accounts Payables and Inventory Management Review
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 5+ years’ experience in senior level accounting role
- Revenue Cycle Management: 2 years (Required)
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation: 2 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Understanding of key business drivers & associated operations in order to analyze & explain trends.
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Able to plan ahead, anticipate issues, make recommendations and execute plans
- Management in pharmacy, long-term care or healthcare (Preferred).
- Knowledge of Pharmacy, Private & Third Party Insurance billing (Preferred).
- Compliance Audits: 2 years (Preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Forecasting and Budget models
- Experience with Quick Books
- Organized and Detailed oriented
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Experience in working with operational departments to implement and support cost reductions initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- STD/LTD Disability insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
Apply online: https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/index.jsp?db=JP