Custodian / Janitor
Jacksonville, FL 32256
At Work Personnel of Jacksonville has a Contract to Hire position with a client of ours on the Southside of Jacksonville.
Temporary-to-permanent position with a manufacturing facility. The Custodian cleans and maintains assigned area(s) to meet the client’s satisfaction. This will include areas surrounding production machinery, assembly areas, and administrative offices. We are looking for hard working individuals seeking long-term employment with a great company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal, and the client’s policies and procedures
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment to project the safety and health of others to include maintaining floors, emptying trash, cleaning up spills, and various other custodial tasks.
- Properly maintains housekeeping and cleaning equipment
- Cleans assigned areas to client standards and requirements including the manufacturing floor, assembly/loading and unloading areas, and administrative offices.
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas
Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests to appropriate personnel
- Perform all other jobs as assigned.
- The position requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Previous custodial experience preferred
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Reliable transportation to the Jacksonville Southside/Baymeadows area.
- Timeliness and ability to follow procedures are a must.
Warehouse manufacturing setting working with fiberglass production. All necessary PPE supplied. Long sleeve and pants are required.
Reliable transportation to the Jacksonville Southside/Baymeadows area.
Must have a Valid ID card and or Drivers License.
Must be 18 years of age.
Must be willing to submit to a background check and Drug Test