Customer Service Representative
Columbia, SC 29210
Our client is a small family company in Columbia, SC that makes sensory tools for individuals who have special needs. We’re looking for an energetic individual to join our customer service team.
Things You’ll Do:
• Have you ever ordered from a company online? Did you need to contact them before or after you placed an order? The person who helped you - that’s you here! You’ll be responsible for answering the phone, answering email tickets, monitoring live chat, and responding to comments/messages on social media. You'll prioritize requests as they come in and go above and beyond to help resolve any issue.
• Work one-on-one with customers via multiple channels (phone, email, live chat, Facebook, and Instagram).
• Assist customers in any potential stage of the order process they may need help with from choosing the right products to placing/editing/expediting an order to returns, warranties, and delivery issues.
• Troubleshoot issues reported by customers and offer solutions.
• Keep an eye out for valuable customer insights and share them with the rest of the team.
• Master the products, learning all of their features and functions and when to recommend each one.
• Light office support - greet visitors, make sure the reception area is tidy and well stocked, run errands, mail catalogs, write thank you cards, etc.
• Special projects as assigned.
• You’re passionate about support. You’re able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care.
• You understand that on rare occasions, customers sometimes have bad days. You don’t take this personally or let it get under your skin. You see it as an opportunity to fix a problem for someone and help make their day.
• You like solving problms and coming up with creative solutions to meet customers’ needs.
• You have strong writing skills (most of our customer service is via email) and are a stickler for details.
• You value good old fashioned work ethic. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
• Customer service sometimes throws us curveballs! Surprises don’t phase you. You like the challenge.
• You’re an excellent communicator.
• You’re reliable, self-sufficient, and comfortable working independently to get things done. You work with a sense of urgency and know how to hustle.
• Your eager to learn and are always looking for ways to make improvements.
Customer service experience is a plus, but not required as long as you have the skill set to provide great customer service.
This is an on-site position in a relatively quiet and casual yet professional office setting. We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we’re looking for someone who is willing to commit at least two years to this position.
How to Apply:
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask that you answer a few questions along with submitting your resume. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you better right out of the gate. Please answer the following questions:
1) How many typos are there in the “About You" section? Please list them:
2) Please share about a time when you experienced great customer service as a customer yourself. What was great about it? How did it make you feel? 3) What is our toughest chew necklace?
4) Pretend we’re in the food business and customer Michael Scott needs help. Write an email to him explaining how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
This position is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Please send resumes and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org