Customer Service Representative for a Distributer
The Customer Service Representative serves as the first point of contact for customers to ask questions, order products and receive regular status updates on placed orders. This position will process orders, prepare required paperwork for the warehouse and other departments, field and resolve customer complaints, process Return Material Authorizations, update and send price quotes, schedule shipments with outside carriers, and prepare various documents
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order Entry and Processing
- Receive customer orders via phone or e-mail and efficiently enter into computer system.
- Accurately process and compile all necessary paperwork that accompanies each order.
- Print work orders and Bills of Lading for warehouse supervisor.
- Run daily and weekly reports from computer system to manage open orders.
- Manage back orders by communicating with purchasing regarding incoming inventory.
- Update and maintain detailed spreadsheets that is utilized by multiple departments.
- Maintain the list of special customer requirements regarding shipments and deliveries.
- Regularly interact with customers to provide support, answer questions, provide pricing information, and upsell to generate increased sales.
- Resolve customer concerns or elevate to appropriate sales or management personnel.
- Update and send quotes to customer based on feedback and guidance from sales team.
- Provide sales team with sales growth opportunities or new sales leads.
- interact between purchasing and sales on request for stock status, pricing and lead time.
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of product names and end uses.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field is required
- Must have leadership qualities to potentially move up to a managerial position. .
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in the chemical/chemical distribution industry is a definite plus.
- Must be extremely organized, have excellent attention to detail and be able to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter.
- Must exhibit outstanding telephone etiquette and demonstrate an engaging customer service presence
- Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Chempax a plus.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, i.e. printers, fax and copy machines, postage machines, etc.