The Senior Estimator is responsible for ensuring clear communication and coordination of detailed cost estimate and assumptions with the complete project team. Ability to estimate all types of projects, contracts, ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort, and provide leadership and coordination to multiple projects and project teams. The Senior Estimator is a self-directed person with excellent communication and technical skills combined with leadership expertise.
• Lead in the development of detailed cost estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documents). This includes determining labor, material and equipment costs for all disciplines.
• Responsible for the accuracy and completion of a project cost estimate throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Responsible for the pricing from other internal business units.
• Responsible for determining areas for self-perform trades, material selection and areas for value engineering.
• Analyze historical cost trends to forecast the budget of a project at high levels.
• Ability to assess cost risks during a project lifecycle and communicate to responsible parties.
• Manage and lead a team, provide feedback, mentor and develop team members to achieve their potential.
• Assist in KPI development and achievement.
• Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
• Identify cost trends to assist in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
• 4+ years of experience in the commercial construction industry, preferably in multi-family, senior living, and hospitality.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business
• Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and LEAN Construction methods.
• Experienced with Microsoft Suite, OnScreen Take-off, Jira.
Salary $100-$140k/annual DOE (Relocation package offered with full benefits including 401k!)
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.