General Labor (IMMEDIATE STARTS)
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
3rd shift Openings
7: 30 p.M. - 6: 00 a.M. (Monday - Friday) - Also weekends apply depending on customer demands
Assemblers needed to work on an assembly line, put together and inspects products, and adheres to all factory safety guidelines and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a General Laborer/assembly employee
• Starts assembly and production machinery at beginning of shift.
• Monitors equipment to ensure that products are being assembled properly.
• Makes sure that workstation is clean and free of hazardous materials.
• Cleans equipment.
• Assembles product parts by hand.
• Uses power tools to solder, weld, drill, and attach parts.
• Observes and removes faulty product parts from assembly line.
• Inspects assembled products to ensure they are up to quality standards.
• Keeps factory floor clean.
• Adheres to all safety guidelines dictation the production and handling of materials in the factory.
• Ensures that all production deadlines are met.
• Reports issues or problems with production to immediate supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Is familiar with all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to use power tools safely and effectively.
• Works efficiently and manages time effectively.
• Possesses physical strength and stamina required to stand, walk, and lift for long periods of time.
• Possesses physical dexterity necessary to assemble small and delicate product parts.
• Standard 50-hour workweek applies plus occassional weekends depending on production needs
• Moderate to heavy physical activity such as walking and lifting is required on a daily basis.
• Safety gear, such as goggles, gloves, ear plugs and steel-toe shoes are mandatory on a regular basis.
•$11.25/hr to start -- $12.00/hr after 90 days
Competitive benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shields (including dental and vision)