Industrial Food Maintenance Mechanic
Torrance, CA 90502
2nd Shift Industrial Maintenance Technician job opportunity with fantastic, food manufacturing plant. Great benefits and incentives. Must have experience working in a Manufacturing Plant.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be able to demonstrate mechanical ability and skills and carry out daily maintenance activities, plant rounds, preventative maintenance, plant calls and continual improvement assignments.
- Must have general maintenance troubleshooting skills and equipment component knowledge to properly diagnose equipment failures.
- Must understand proper lubrication practices of bearings, chains, and gearboxes.
- Must be capable of using all shop and hand tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Must be able to perform all assigned equipment service in a professional manner and follow instructions.
- Must be able to follow, understand and utilize work logs, breakdown reports, work orders and preventive maintenance logs.
- Must meet or exceed the following electrical requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to use a voltmeter properly to identify voltage, amperage and resistance of an electrical circuit.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and utilize electrical schematics to diagnose electrical problems.
- Demonstrate ability to properly electrically disconnect and reconnect DC, AC, motion control and Wye-Delta Motors.
- Able to distinguish and identify chain, sprockets, gearbox types and belts.
- Able to identify shaft sizes and material of construction.
- Able to identify and distinguish bolts and nuts sizes, applications and material of construction.
- Able to identify basic equipment parts and components for job assignments.
- Capable of tracking product conveyor belts
- Perform effective preventive maintenance on equipment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate basic ability to weld metal, stick, or Heliarc.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform basic copper soldering
- Demonstrate the proper use of oxy/acetylene torch in cutting and brazing.
- Demonstrate basic refrigeration comprehension and understanding of refrigeration fundamentals, components and their functions.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality. Follows established work schedule.
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Reports any incidents of harassment to his Supervisor or Human Resources Manager.
- Must be able to take direction and follow instructions.
- Must work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to his Supervisor or Safety Manager immediately.
Must be willing to comply with other duties, assigned by direct supervisors.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- 5 years’ experience working with industrial equipment
- High School Graduate or GED
- Must be able to provide personnel tools to perform all assigned maintenance tasks
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on ladders, scissor lifts, scaffolding and other high precarious places safely and effectively.
- Must be able to work around electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and thermodynamic equipment safely.