International Account Manager
Irmo, SC 29063
Our client is an export management company with very few layers of management, flexible and growing at a rapid pace. Their core business is in the export of health care products (human, pet, equine), consumer cosmetic products (hair care and skin care) for mass merchandisers and other specialty products. In addition, they also have their own brands, which they market and sell domestically as well as internationally. For the person with the right motivation and interest, there is a good potential for growth. Additional languages other than English as well as understanding other cultures is valuable, but not mandatory.
Our client is seeking the following skill-set and experience: A well organized, multitasking individual, who is comfortable with meeting deadlines and working under stressful situations. Someone who is well versed in both export marketing, sales, logistics, financial aspects of international transaction, export financing, as well as in the supply chain management and some leads management skills. Timely communication and excellent customer service are a must. Computer literacy and language skills are welcome. Cultural understanding will be very helpful.
Some of the responsibilities include:
Service International Accounts and Logistics
- Providing complete customer support to a select group of customer accounts.
- Arranging all phases of the international transaction to ensure success of shipment, close follow-up, including pro-forma quote, arranging for cost-effective freight, placing orders, and securing payment and shipping.
- Problem solving, no transaction or situation is the same.
- Procurement of documentation for product registration and shipment (including customs clearance required documents), on a customer needed basis.
- Hands-on management of shipping, consolidation and inventory.
- Occasional sourcing of products requested by customers.
Marketing and New Product Introduction
- Spend time learning the product lines to effectively market to new customers or launch new products to existing network.
- Occasionally participate in the creative design of new packaging or sales literature.
- Generate marketing sales reports annually from the computer; analyze raw data to produce reports
- Market planning to launch new products or to penetrate new territory.
- Attend and organize all aspects of trade shows, as assigned.
- Follow-up on inquiries and leads within 24-48 hours when assigned. Accurate recording of follow-up and responses in lead log.
- Accurate recording of communications with clients on Electronic and File folders.
- Key account assignments of one or two suppliers and full responsibility for growth of product range. Incentives and bonuses could be linked to sales increases of assigned customer and/or supplier accounts.
- Communicate regularly with assigned suppliers to learn new products, policies, and promotions and to inform them of our progress overseas.
- Effect price changes, product changes, including preparation and circulation of list of recipients (to include prospects from mail-log), and prompt announcements to distributors.
- Ensure that TTC’s exclusive distributor in any country is the only distributor that receives price list for that country.
- Participate in the organization of visits and meetings of the suppliers’ principals with our international marketing and sales team.
- Coordinate and assemble when necessary Master Product Literature file or Electronic image files for the assigned suppliers. Ensure an adequate amount of sales literature is maintained in literature cabinet and current Distributor Price List.