Kitchen Helper / Food Prep
Houston, TX 77057
Performs as a general kitchen helper in job areas where assigned, assisting with meal preparation following recipes for pre-planned menus and/or items, Keeping activities by following instructions. Reports to manager and works as team player.
Shift: 10:30 AM - 9:30 PM Two 30-minute breaks
Employees eat for free
Non-slip shoes (Required)
- Loads and unloads materials and assists in all food areas where assigned.
- Chopped vegetables and fruits as required and assisted.
- Safely operates mixers, ovens, choppers, shredders, steamers, grills, grinders, steam kettles, fry kettles and other food service related equipment when directed. Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Assists in preliminary preparation of meals and in meal preparation as directed.
- Cleans tables, washes dishes, and performs other general and assigned cleaning tasks.
- Assists in other food operations as needed.
Prior work or cooking experience desired but not required, however employee must rapidly become familiar with and practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene, as well as the care and use of a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment. Poor habits in any of these areas will likely lead to refusal to hire or immediate dismissal.
Apply Now: www.atwork.com/houstonwest
Note: If you applying for the first time, please click at the bottom right of login screen, on “New ID” to create your User ID and Password. You will need this for completing various stages of the application, so make this something easy to remember, like your personal email, and write it down for future use.