Kitchen Helper - Part-Time (Weekend Only)
Robbinsville, NJ 08561 , Hamilton, NJ 08619 Windsor, NJ 08561
Performs as a general kitchen helper in job areas where assigned, assisting with meal preparation following recipes for pre-planned menus and/or items, Keeping activities by following instructions from area leads and managers. Reports to Production Manager and works as team player.
TIMINGS: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY
- Loads and unloads materials and assists in all food areas where assigned.
- Chopped vegetables and fruits as required and assisted.
- Safely operates mixers, ovens, choppers, shredders, steamers, grills, grinders, steam kettles, fry kettles and other food service related equipment when directed.Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Assists in preliminary preparation of meals and in meal preparation as directed.
- Cleans tables, washes dishes, and performs other general and assigned cleaning tasks.
- Assists in other food operations as needed.
Prior work or cooking experience desired but not required, however employee must rapidly become familiar with and practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene, as well as the care and use of a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment. Poor habits in any of these areas will likely lead to refusal to hire or immediate dismissal.
Prior work or cooking experience desired but not required, however candidate must rapidly become familiar with and practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene, as well as the care and use of a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment. Poor habits in any of these areas will likely lead to refusal to hire or immediate dismissal.
As a Kitchen Helper / Food Prep, you must be able to work in a team-oriented environment. You must be able to communicate well in English or Spanish with management and fellow employees. Ideal candidates will have a positive attitude and previous kitchen experience.
Other requirements include:
- Must clear drug screen and background checks
- Needs to be able to work 20 hours per week, some overtime may be required
- Must available to work on week-end
- Ability to provide 3 positive work references
AtWork has built its core foundation around meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its clients and employees. AtWork candidates are interviewed, screened, counseled, and evaluated for the skills that ensure the best possible match to our clients. Quite simply, we are AtWork for you!
Apply online at https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/index.jsp?db=HJ
Note: If you applying first time, please click at the bottom right of login screen, on “New ID” to create your User ID and Password. You will need this for completing various stages of the application, so make this something easy to remember, like your personal email, and write it down for future use.