Logistics Manager - Manufacturing
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
The Logistics Manager is responsible for executing inventory control, overseeing cycle counting policies, reconciling inventory along with the customer inventory, and researching variances and shipping discrepancies. We are seeking someone whom has managed a team, someone who is a leader of personnel, someone capable of creating new processes, and someone whom comes from a manufacturing background whom has preformed cycle counting.
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
• Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages.
• Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
• Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory.
• Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory.
• Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
• Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
• Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
• Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
• Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
• Identify employees' skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
• Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
• Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to develop employees
• Team player at corporate level to collaborate with business units and functional partners
• Solid operational management and general business skills and savvy
• Excellent communication skills and even better listening skills that promotes the “ voice of the internal customer”
• Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
• Change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders (e.G., expert model vs. Facilitative model)
• Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
• Experience in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area, with a Master's degree preferred.
• Experience in printing industry strongly preferred
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.G. ERP)
Salary: $60, 000 This position is a full-time, fully benefited work opportunity!
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.