Machine Operator Responsibilities
• Work with ingredients, materials, and inventory items to ensure proper specifications are met for product creation
• Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
• Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Inspect equipment in use through troubleshooting, checking for any problems in them and fixing them immediately if any, in order to prevent a breakdown in the course of work
• Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production
• Report to the supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
Ideal Machine Operator will have...
• Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience (food industry a plus)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Stable work history
• Effective written and verbal communication
• US Citizen or Green Card holder
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a 40 hour per week position. Hours are based on flex schedules with weekend and required overtime (OT) hours. Varying shift schedules available.
Salary up to $16/hr DOE
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates. Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™.