Maintenance Mechanic - MAINTECH1
Dallas, TX 75215
AtWork Personnel Services has partnered with a large manufacturing company in the Dallas area, and are in need of Maintenance Mechanics to fill these rolls as soon as possible!
Performs equipment maintenance duties to ensure quality product is produced, packaged and prepared for delivery to customers in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production lines and associated assigned systems.
- Using hand and power tools, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems, and Allen Bradley electronics.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical and electrical circuitry malfunctions.
- Report and take action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
- Electronic and PLC troubleshooting and repair.
- Ensure full compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience in a manufacturing environment, required.
- One-Year Certificate from college or technical school, required.
- Electronic and PLC troubleshooting and repair, required.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data.
- Ability to read diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally 75 pounds.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Fork lift and/or pallet jack certification as provided by the company.
Supervisory Responsibility: No.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold, damp environment.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate in English is required; however, bilingual skills may be preferred based on business necessity.
First Shift 5:00am - 5:30pm or 6:00am - 6:30pm
Second Shift 5:00pm - 5:30am or 6:00pm - 6:30pm
Will work 3 days on, 2 days off, and then 4 days on