Management Analyst (FINANCE)
Palm Springs, CA
Under daily supervision of the Finance Manager and general direction from the Finance Director, performs a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative and analytical duties, including but not limited to, research and analysis of City programs and procedures; analysis of management issues; contract administration and compliance; preparation and presentation of staff reports and analysis; budgetary review; project development and support; provides information; and management assistance relating to special projects.
• Works with the Finance Director and the City Attorney with the preparation of the property liens for the yearly tax roll.
• Assists with financial activities relating to all grants.
• Prepares the appropriate fiscal reports due on all grant accounts, prepare quarterly grant management reports.
• Conducts billing and collection activities of grant revenue, provide assistance to the contract grant managers as needed to supply information required to complete grant applications approved by the City, as assume responsibility for yearend work associated with grant accounting with review by the Finance Manager.
• Monitor petty cash and petty cash reimbursements.
• Assists Finance Director with Capital Project accounting and reporting.
• Review general ledger to find all capital assets purchased during that period. Update the year end Capital Asset Summary page by type of expense under the direction of the Finance Director or Finance Manager. Make copies of all support documents as identified as Capital Assets and prepare the annual Capital Asset Year End Audit book.
• Participates in special projects including complex research of new programs and services, budget analysis and preparation, and feasibility analyses; prepares and presents reports;
• Prepares comprehensive technical records and analytical reports pertaining to assigned area of responsibility; conducts research and comprehensive data collection efforts to support analysis;
• Prepares project, pro forma or issues analysis utilizing analytical, quantitative and intuitive skills;
• Collects, compiles, and analyzes complex information from various sources related to assigned programs; prepares reports which present and interpret data, and identifies alternatives;
• Coordinates and collaborates with departments, divisions and outside agencies; represents the City to Boards, Commissions, and County, State and Federal agencies; provides information and serves as a resource;
• Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen complaints and inquiries; review
problems and recommends corrective actions; prepares summary reports as required;
• Serves on a variety of committees as assigned; prepares and presents staff reports to the Council and other Boards and Commissions;
• Performs various related essential duties as required.