Manual Machine Operator
Kennedale, TX 76060
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow work piece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the work piece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position work piece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure work piece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of work piece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Candidates will have 2-3 years of Manual Machine Operating experience!!
Walk-ins Welcomed Mon-Thurs from 9am-3pm!!
AtWork Personnel Services
3901 W. Vickery Blvd, Ste 5
Fort Worth, TX 76107