Manufacturing Production Supervisor
Elkin, NC 28621
A manufacturer in the Yadkin Valley is looking for a floating production supervisor with manufacturing experience who can work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Supervises area/shift associates.
- Trains, coaches, and develops employees in production methods and plant procedures.
- Addresses safety concerns and ensures that safe work practices are followed so that company and plant targeted safety goals are met.
- Monitor and provide corrective action as needed in areas of shrinkage loss, line downtime, pattern change duration, cost controls, rework, new part startup cost, sample metrics and customer PPM requirements to ensure problems are identified and corrected as needed.
- Supports Lean Manufacturing principles and processes.
• Associates Degree or equivalent experience
• A minimum of one year of manufacturing supervisory experience
• Problem-solving, conflict resolution, and listening skills are essential
• Demonstrated ability to utilize modern management concepts and exhibit good communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills for ongoing interactions with employees supervised by this position, as well as other team members and management personnel
• Experience assigning work and delegating tasks
• Team-building skills
• Computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, Word and Outlook Preferred Qualifications
• Troubleshooting manufacturing systems
7 a.m.-7 p.m. or 7 p.m.-7 a.m., rotating schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour