Manufacturing Supervisor - Central Asheville
Asheville, NC 28804
Central Asheville National Manufacturing Facility seeking a Second Shift Manufacturing Supervisor.
The Second Shift Manufacturing Supervisor has the responsibility of supervising and directing the day-to-day activities of a specific department. Primary duties are employee relations, job training, personnel performance management and the continuing process improvement in the department to achieve consistently the highest levels of data integrity, quality and productivity at all times
Supervises: Close to 50 employees at this time. May have Lead(s) as a direct subordinate. Runs Equipment when necessary and makes mechanical adjustments to the equipment.
Manufacturing Supervisor Essential Job Functions
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance, track absenteeism and timekeeping and to take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis
- Develop and implement plan to increase employee productivity and performance level
- Develop sound procedures and ensure that all established procedures are being followed and that work performed are held accountable
- Analyze and implement improvements; work with supplier to improve the quality of materials and seek alternative machine capabilities or equipment to meet the needs of the customer
- Work with the pre-press manager to ensure that the work received from pre-press, primarily position and fonts sizes concerning human readable positioning
- Gain knowledge of the production scheduling process and assume control of scheduling jobs for the personalization department as to meet customer demands
- Perform these and other duties as required by management
- Safely perform physical demands as indicated below
- Work overtime as needed to meet customers’ needs
Manufacturing Supervisor Qualifications:
- Quality management
- A strong background in personalization and or data management in a production environment a must
- Familiar with personalization equipment such as Data Card, Cross Core, GTus, Buskro, etc.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required
- Experience with DOD inkjet and thermal required
- Magnetic stripe encoding and Variable data experience required
- 2 Year degree or equivalent of four years related experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to maintain safe work environments
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results
- Supervision: including employee hiring and retention, performance review, coaching, counseling and corrective action
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards
Physical Requirements and Work Environment for Manufacturing Supervisor:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.