henderson, NV 89109
• Ensure all patient encounters have been coded for charges at the end of each business day.
• To courteously and professionally greet patients and escort them to the examination room noting subjective complaints in patient's chart and setting flag to alert provider that patient is ready. *
• To prepare necessary instruments as supplies, as necessary or directed.*
• To Reassure patients after provider's examination by answering questions, discussing procedures, etc.*
• To schedule laser/cosmetic procedures for patients as needed.*
• To ensure provide has accurately completed necessary paperwork, including encounter forms.*
• To accurately complete prescription form for patients as directed by provider.*
• To administer local anesthetic, acne treatment, intralesional therapy, injections, remove sutures, draw blood and assist with various surgical or cosmetic procedures as directed by provider.*
• To prepare necessary surgical dressing and instruct patient in post-operative wound care, such as dressing changes and use of medications.*
• To prepare slides for KOH and obtain samples for culture as directed by provider.*
• To clean and sterilize instruments, clean and stock exam rooms, and ensure outdated products and samples are replaced as needed.*
• To ensure patient information is current, collect co-pays, ensure all necessary forms are completed, legible and signed.*
• To inform person in charge of ordering supplies when medical inventory items in the stock room are low.*
• To obtain prior authorization on newer medications as necessary for smooth claims processing.*
• To ensure patient appointments for follow-up visits, surgical procedures and/or referrals to other providers have been scheduled.*
• To conform to all HIPAA regulations and maintain strict patient confidentially.*
• To ensure patient proceeds through the check-out process ensuring patients have properly paid for all amounts that day.*
• To answer phones and return phone calls in a timely and pleasant manner and deal with patient and other callers need expeditiously.*
• Requires high school diploma or GED and a current Medical Assistant Certificate.
• Requires knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures as is usually obtained
by a minimum of five years dermatology medical office experience, preferably LVS&C.
• Ability to interact in a consistently professional and courteous manner with co-workers, patients, physicians and all others with whom contact occurs in the workplace.
• Ability to properly utilize office equipment, including multi-line phones, computers and copy, fax and other basic office equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle paperwork and sort by stated criteria.*
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-placed, patient-care driven clinical environment.*
• Ability to communicate clearly in a person and on the phone, and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients and their families, physicians, staff and other customers.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and/or written instruction in English.
• Ability to work varying hours as needed by the clinic, including some occasional week-end hours.
• Reliable personal transportation, automobile insurance and willingness to travel to other offices as needed.
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.