Medical Billing Clerk
Las Vegas, NV
• Handle all aspects of medical billing and payments.
• Work with patients to collect payment on outstanding medical bills.
• Respond timely and field all patient questions regarding repayment methods and billing disputes.
• Collaborate with payors to include insurance companies, Medicare, and Medicaid to collect payment on medical bills.
• Oversee proper posting of received funds to hospital accounts.
• Analyze older billing records and make recommendations for payment recovery.
• Coordinate with collection agencies as needed after exhausting all attempts to contact patients.
• Manage billing records to ensure the accuracy of all patient information.
• Work with supervisors and financial team members on aged trial balance (ATB) reports to manage claims.
Ideal Medical Billing Clerk will have...
• High school diploma or GED
• 2+ years working in a hospital or healthcare office setting
• Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 a plus!
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of database and software use (NextGen or Karero a plus)
Position & Benefits
This position is a work-to-hire opportunity offering a flexible and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and more.
Salary up to $32K/yr. DOE. Performance is measured by the quality and accuracy of production, attendance, professionalism, and overall teamwork.
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.