Medical Billing and Coding
Houston, TX 77057
AtWork Personnel is seeking an experienced Medical Billing Specialist to work in an administrative office. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical billing/coding, with the skills necessary to improve the current billing procedures and reduce A/R days. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgement within the appropriate scope of practice. We offer excellent benefits, generous paid time off and competitive compensation.
- Recent billing/coding experience
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections. A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Ability to multitask.
Responsibilities: Perform all work associated with the billing process in a high-volume office setting to include but not limited to:
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance or patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating cash spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
- Implement, maintain and report on ancillary programs initiated by Progressus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Medical Billing / Coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Houston, TX 77057
- CPC (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
Apply immediately at https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/index.jsp?db=JP