Medical-Surgical Nurse Supervisor
Austin, TX 78758
In the Medical-Surgical Nurse Supervisor role, you will have an opportunity to help drive the course of high-quality care delivery. As a Medical-Surgical Nurse Supervisor, you will manage a team of healthcare professionals, overseeing the daily functions to ensure the department regulations are maintained at the highest level of compliance. Additionally, the Medical-Surgical Nurse Supervisor will utilize physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient's nursing care needs. The continuation of monitoring and assessment of the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs is required as you continually refine the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
• Salary is up to $93, 000/yr DOE + sign-on and relocation package. This is a direct, full-time employment opportunity.
• Perks and benefits of the job include a robust healthcare benefit package, flexible PTO, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Medical-Surgical Nurse Supervisor Responsibilities Include:
• Completes patient and employee incident reports and related paperwork within 24 hours of the incident.
• Coordinates unit functions with other hospital departments.
• Maintains complete staff/patient assignment records 100% of the time. Assigns staff according to staff abilities and skills and the patient's acuity.
• Participates in quality improvement activities every month by ensuring completed data collections.
• Receives and responds to concerns and ensures follow up for ultimate resolution.
• Contributes to the development and monitoring of the unit budget and identifies equipment needs.
• Manages personnel activities
• Performs daily employee rounds using ICARE philosophy.
• Develops/approves unit schedules according to staffing guidelines. Coordinates employees' attendance at scheduled/required education programs.
• Observes and documents staff work performance.
• Conducts employee evaluations and counseling in a timely manner.
• Must have RN Charge or RN Supervisor experience with at least 2 years' leadership experience in an acute care setting
• Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program; minimum of one year experience in Staff RN or charge role
• Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from an NCLA Compact State
• BCLS Certification
• ACLS certification within one year of hire
For immediate consideration, please contact Tara Yeager, National Account Manager at (702) 485-4565 or email tara@atwork.Com.
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our medical division specializes in the healthcare industry where we have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.