Sumter, SC 29151
A Client located in Sumter, SC is looking for a Process Engineer. Excellent opportunity to be employed in an excellent work culture and receive great pay!! Apply Today!!
I. Job Summary
Responsible for process improvement, project management, statistical data analysis, and other engineering functions in all aspects of Process Equipment Cleaning Division. The PEC Process Engineer will be expected to be the primary technical resource in the plant and will add value to the organization through the implementation of impact projects and process improvements. He/she will also be integrated into the daily operation of the division and serve as a key staff member.
II. Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Three to eight years’ experience in a chemical, industrial, and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least one-year experience in a supervisory position is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in batch distillation, steam operation, plant utilities, and natural gas systems highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing capital projects up to $100k is preferred.
- A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, is preferred.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 organization is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written formats.
- Must be willing to work in an industrial environment with exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions.
III. Work Environment
- Plant and office environment.
- Hours of work: Generally 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with extended hours as necessary.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Direct and indirect supervision/leadership will be required.
- Financial Responsibilities
- Experience with cost analyses and the ability to calculate ROI for impact projects are required.
VI. Essential Functions
- Development and refinement of cleaning processes for new and existing applications.
- Cost analysis and process routing for new and existing applications.
- Project management of large and/or unique customer and internal tasks.
- Time and efficiency studies for all areas of PEC division.
- Technical support for Testing and Evaluation department as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and statutes related to hazardous and non-hazardous waste management and wastewater treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
VII. Physical Requirements
Physical requirements are primarily related to the essential function of any job. Manual dexterity and mobility are required.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, see and smell.
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required.
VIII. Mental Requirements
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret work order instructions, customer specifications, safety manuals, technical procedures and/or regulatory communications.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Must be able to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to understand concrete and abstract concepts, interpret verbal, nonverbal and written instructions.
- REQUIRED TRAINING
On the job and/or classroom training within 6 months of hire date. Thereafter, employee will receive an annual refresher.
Hazardous Waste Training
Employees are trained in safe work practices and hazard recognition regarding their respective duties or job assignments. Both on the job training and classroom training are provided. This training is designed to educate the employees about the specific facility operations for which they will be responsible, health and safety requirements of the facility, and the general aspects of the hazardous waste management program. Training will also include, hazardous waste generator issues throughout the facility, and facility wide emergency procedures.
Apply today by e-mailing your resume to Michael Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to our website: atwork.com/columbia