Production Team Lead
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Shift: 3rd (7: 30 PM - 6 AM) Monday thru Friday (some weekends)
Compensation: 16.50 (lots of OT available)
Type: Permanent Contract to hire
At least 1 year as a line lead or team lead in a manufacturing or automotive manufacturing setting leading at least 10 people contributing to the success of the department/line meeting KPI's.
The Team Leader is a position that reports to the Production Supervisor over Polish. The Team Leader will have a knowledge of the polish procedures. They will have the ability to navigate QAD to print labels, production reports and report production.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Understands the policies and procedures for operating a safe work environment and champions safety on their shift and with their crew.
o The Team Leader must understand and enforce all safety policies and procedures and allow zero tolerance for unsafe acts.
o The Team Leader must maintain a daily attendance roster and be able to verify the headcount on their shift and account for their personnel as requested or required.
o Understands and enforces plant rules and regulations as it pertains to employee conduct.
o Communicates openly and as necessary with the Production Supervisor to keep management apprised of any issues during the shift that pertain to safety or employee conduct.
· Supports all environmental initiatives and directives as it pertains to production activities.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of each process both manual and automatic and can readily identify defects. Communicates defects immediately to the Quality Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
· Has the ability to inspect all components, identify a defect, and determine the proper disposition.
· Utilizes the proper elements of all Quality Management Systems and supports the quality process through proper operator training and supervision.
· Able to finesse shells as required.
· Ensures that proper anti -mutilation protection is used by all personnel and on all material handling racks as identified.
· Able to troubleshoot basic line downtime issues as it relates to the equipment.
· Works with Materials Group to ensure that all materials are available and line side for a rapid start-up.
· Has a complete understanding of JES for each item.
· Understands the flow of materials to the line and ensures materials are available line side by working with Fork Lift Operators.
· Reports production data as required or requested.
· Prepares the line for the next shift by ensuring it is working properly, stocked with material and is clean and orderly per 6S standards.
· Displays maturity and self-confidence and commands the respect of the people on their team.
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills. Willing and able to ask for help as needed.
· Is punctual and demands the same of their team.
· Remains objective as a leader and does not develop personal friendships with team members which could impact their ability to perform their job.
· Willing to learn and grow in the job.
• High School Diploma or GED