San Antonio, TX 78217
The Production worker is, responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. Production worker are front-line employees who work as part of a high-performance production team and are responsible for correctly and safely performing one or more assigned activities that are part of our food manufacturing process. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Top performers have the potential to earn additional responsibilities and compensation over time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work includes mixing raw ingredients, injecting margination into raw product, positioning raw product on racks and production lines, handling cooked products to transfer from oven racks to production lines, hand pulling/shredding chicken, pork or beef, operating a full range of production equipment and machinery and being part of a packaging line.
- Performs a full range of production work as assigned by department supervisor.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Track production on schedule boards.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides reliable and diligent effort to consistently complete all assigned tasks.
- Maintains the highest product quality standards at all times.
- Contributes to a safe working environment at all times.
- Thoroughness and Attention to Detail.
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Flexible/Adaptable to Change
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- While the exact work varies by activity, most of our employees are required to stand during most of their shift as they work on our various production lines.
- Work area temperatures vary by activity but can range from 40 to 95 degrees.
- Work attire is casual but must meet the requirements of our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Some employees are required to read and write in English in order to complete standard company forms and reports.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days may vary based on the needs of the business.
1st Shift: $10.00/Hour
2nd Shift: $10.50/Hour
Lead Positions: $12.00-$16.00/Hour (Based on Experience)
Required Education and Experience
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to work up to 12 + hour days, including weekends as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous production experience preferred.
- Food processing, meat processing, and USDA-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success and achievements in food production operations or other type of labor-intensive manufacturing.
- Food manufacturing and/or culinary experience strongly preferred.
- U.S. Citizen or legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Mandatory drug screening prior to and during employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- food or meat processing: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Antonio, TX 78217 (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
+1 (210) 875-3286