Are you a skilled Painter and want to be paid for your skills? A booming Sign company is looking for a painter to add to their team with great pay and friendly work environment. The ideal candidate would be highly detail orientated and a team player.
- Must be able to read and interpret prints for paint information
- Must be able to plan, layout and determine work procedures for each order including knowledge of material properties to determine the sequence of work steps.
- Must be able to prepare various substrates for painting.
- Must be able to mix and paint with polyurethane paint system.
- Must perform quality checks on production parts to include: Visual inspection, part measurements in order to verify production pieces meet specifications on the print.
- Must follow all safety, regulatory and environmental/hazardous standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- You must be highly organized with good communication skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an industrial painter.
- Clean and prepare surfaces. (Masking, grit blasting or chemical prep)
- Prepare paints. A high degree of accuracy is required. Use of viscosity cups, thickness gauges and gloss gauges to test makeup of paint and an understanding of chemistry mix of compounds is required.
- Apply paint. Use of professional painting techniques with industrial spray equipment, airbrushes, and industrial paint booth methodologies. Must also be safety oriented and trained in the proper use of PPE.
- Clean work area. Knowledgeable in the safe handling and disposal of hazardous chemical and waste.
- Maintain equipment. You will be responsible for maintaining paint equipment and troubleshooting.
- Experience in high-end automotive or industrial equipment painting. Sign industry experience preferred.
- Experience with wet painting using a gun
- Experience with retouching * Ability to differentiate between colors
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Painting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Knightdale, NC 27545 (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)