Project Manager - Mechanical HVAC
Spokane, WA 99201
SAN FRANCISCO, DENVER, SACRAMENTO LOCATIONS!
This individual will be responsible for coordinating the field movements of the HVAC/R division for a specified region. They will act as a technical liaison between the site superintendent and the PM for the project and the HVAC/R craft team performing the installation. This person must be able to multitask and maintain a positive outlook in stressful situations. As this will be a grass-root effort to put the division online in the region, candidate needs to be personable, open-minded and energetic. Must take initiative and be comfortable making decisions that may have wide-ranging effects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate Mechanical craft team movement between all of the projects in the region and outside of the region with other Area & Trade Managers.
• Maintain responsibility for the Mechanical budget and schedule progression on all projects in the region through coordination with site PM team & Mechanical Trade Leads.
• Coordinate with subcontractors to verify scope for project PM's.
• Coordinate all RFI's and change order documentation for submission to the project engineer.
• Be responsible for hiring all Mechanical Trade Leads in the region and ultimately responsible for maintaining proper manpower based on region specific manpower loading needs.
• Be responsible for acquiring and maintaining craft tools and equipment for the region based on project load.
• Report directly to the Senior Trade Manager- Mechanical.
• Attend all meetings and submit all reports required by superiors and project teams.
• Ensure journeyman skillsets and ratios (as required) are met on all projects in region.
Required Skills & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 10+ years of experience managing Mechanical projects.
• Evidence of Journey level knowledgebase in the HVAC/R industry.
• Working knowledge of the IMC edition in effect at any given time in the region as well as all state and local codes in the region.
• Ability to meet with local officials as needed to discuss code compliance and any other issues deemed necessary by the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• C20 HVAC License in state where work will be performed.
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite products.
• HVAC Excellence and/or NATE Certification (HVAC Excellence preferred).
• Cross-functional capabilities in any of the specialty trades MEPF.
Project management training and/or aptitude
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates. Contact us today and discover how we're AtWork For You™.