Purchasing / Sourcing
Purchasing/Sourcing Person In Corona for Large Company!!!
Full Time and Great Benefits!
Position Summary: Under minimal supervision, the Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the source selection and procurement functions for machined parts and tooling, components, and finished products as needed to support product development activities in the Suspension division. Products and services are to be secured at cost quality, and competitive delivery levels. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt, quality assurance and inventory control of the product and services as assigned, along with the maintenance of existing and new vendor relationships.
Essential Functions, Roles and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Reviews part usages as needed to ensure correct purchasing quantities
- Uses knowledge of material work planning to coordinate product deliveries.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts and/or special tools.
- Closely coordinates with engineering teams to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Reviews and negotiates purchasing terms with new and existing vendors with goal of implementing the highest quality standards and ensuring on time deliveries.
- Visits supplier facilities to qualify them as new sources.
- Assists in the resolution of supplier production, design, quality and or delivery problems.
- Coordinates quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Works closely with vendors to define lead times and orders product accordingly.
- Coordinates deliveries and ensures that parts are scheduled and arrive on time to meet operational schedules.
- Manages assigned projects and participates in team meetings.
- Follows all established safety procedures and protocols as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ERP systems as related to material management and procurement;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Superior organization skills to coordinate, schedule and follow up on multiple vendors and shipments
- 2+ years related experience with automotive components and parts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, tooling specifications and technical standards.
- Strong self-motivation to work with minimal supervision within the parameters of responsibility
- Ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers / vendors.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree desirable with emphasis in Engineering or Business Administration; or certificate in supply chain or inventory management or relevant combination of experience and education.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using material management module in ERP system – generating POs, creating new vendors
- Proven track record of effective vendor communication and management
Call to set up an interview!
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE and call us at 951-297-3591 for immediate consideration.
APPLY HERE: www.atworksocal.com
IF YOU HAVE A RESUME, BE SURE TO SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION.
Contact Marina at 951-297-3591 with questions.