Registered Dental Assistant/ORTHO
San Antonio, TX 78237
We have 2 openings for a Traveling Orthodontic Dental Assistant. This position is a temp to hire, great pay, great benefits! Our client is expanding and is looking to find the right candidates to join this amazing team.
Their amazing staff members provide training to make the transition to your new professional home a whole lot easier.
- Communicates with the patients (parents/guardians), orthodontist and other team members effectively.
- Prepares all orthodontic treatment rooms in advance of an orthodontic patient.
- Handles hazardous chemicals in a safe manner.
- Restocks all orthodontic treatment rooms and other clinical support areas.
- Performs a periodic inventory of all orthodontic supplies.
- Responsible for traveling crate of orthodontic supplies between multiple locations.
- Welcomes patients to treatment rooms in a timely fashion.
- Keeps the patient schedule on time by being aware of the daily schedule, working efficiently and as a member of a cohesive team.
- Takes x-rays as prescribed.
- Assists the orthodontist with all registered dental assisting duties, including orthodontic procedures.
- Records treatment rendered.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene.
- Escorts patient to the business area for follow-up and scheduling.
- Maybe called upon to schedule the next appointment.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment after each patient appointment.
- Maintains cleanliness of treatment rooms and sterilization area.
- Can accept constructive criticism.
- Proficient in using conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques in managing interpersonal conflict and patient complaints Is organized, motivated, committed and self-directed.
- Demonstrates ability to use assigned computer software and other equipment.
- Completes annual education and/or licensing requirements, if applicable.
- Maintains dependable job attendance.
- Adheres to all safety and infection control rules.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Complies with HIPAA and maintains confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of all orthodontics dental assistant duties.
- 1 year of previous experience assisting in an orthodontic setting.
- All required certifications for dental assisting.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within a territory to provide orthodontic dental assisting services is required.
- May be required to work some Saturdays as needed.
- Must be willing to travel to all of the 7 locations.