Repair Technician Level 1/2 (Blender Technician) 2ND Shift (02:30 pm – 11:00 pm)
Responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. Self-directed, working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short term objectives of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
- Take ownership for assignment areas including:
- Maintaining equipment
- Ordering supplies
- Environmental health and safety
- and Shop cleanliness
- Follow technical plans to meet desired manufacturing objectives
- Adhere to a detailed schedule for a complex engineering and/or manufacturing development work scope
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Perform periodic maintenance and safety inspections
- Meet quality system requirements for aerospace applications
- Currently enrolled in BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial) degree program within 12-months of graduation.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering environment
- Solid understanding of repair processes, technical specifications and reading drawings.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering project(s)
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization and representing the engineering team
- Self- motivated, team focused and results driven
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Manufacturing experience in a process engineering environment
- Experience in aerospace quality systems
- Experience working a team-based environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand. The employee is regularly required to use full range of motion of their upper and lower extremities. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of a typical work place condition that the employee may be working in. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to chemicals, noise, varying temperatures, and other work place hazards.