SUMMARY OF POSITION: The R&D Technician has the primary duty of conducting the R&D trials related to product/process improvement and innovation. This role involves development of protocols, conducting the trials, collecting data and reporting results. The R&D Technician will be highly involved in sensory testing and will perform lab testing duties that may include physical and chemical tests as well as microbiology plating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct production and bench top trials, including developing protocols, running the trials, analyzing data, and reporting on results.
- At the direction of the R&D Supervisor, collaborate with Marketing, coordinate the innovation process by preparing for and attending weekly meetings, building and maintaining development timelines and tracking project progress.
- Perform lab analysis on products during R&D trials or for specific requests, such as pH, moisture, salt, fat and any microbiological testing.
- Conduct shelf life study during product development.
- Collaborate on sourcing and validation of all new ingredients.
- Follow all Venice Bakery Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s).
- Assist with maintenance of R&D related documentation (e.g.: product specifications, product formulas, etc.).
- Monitor R&D supply inventory.
- Assist R&D Supervisor in root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Be involved in internal auditing of GMP’s and HACCP.
- Other duties as assigned.