Route Delivery Driver (Local)
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional and outstanding customer service.
Requirements – Driver:
• Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times.
• Handle any customer issues promptly & professionally. Ensure accurate production and timely order fulfillment. Call in customer concerns (quality & quantity) immediately.
• Inspect and ensure that product delivered is of the highest acceptable standard of quality.
• Handle company equipment properly, follow driver & warehouse safety rules, perform pre and post-trip truck inspection and reports all issues in a timely manner. Responsible for upkeep of truck at end of shift refueling. Maintain a clean truck.
• Ensure that product is handled in accordance with food safety standards at all times.
• Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, handling product and performing other duties at the request of the Warehouse/Inventory Supervisors.
• Perform other tasks as directed by Management
• Collect on COD accounts.
• Dress professionally. Wear company provided shirt and clean un-ripped pants.
• Must meet strict insurability requirements – clean driving record and valid driver's license
• Knowledge of the Northern California area.
• Knowledge of safe working techniques and ability to train, monitor and enforce safe working habits. Maintain a safe working environment.
• Dependable & trustworthy with a high level of professionalism, strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Professional appearance and good hygiene.
• Excellent communication skills. Proven ability to communicate articulately in English
• Ability to perform simple arithmetic
• Ability to do physical work including frequent moving of product up to 65 lbs., bending, squatting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.