Planner / Buyer for a Manufacture
Santa Ana, CA
The Scheduler / Planner / buyer will assist at scheduling, Planning, and purchasing of raw materials and /or services to support the company's purchasing requirements. The buyer/planner is responsible for data entry of production router/ work orders, material certs, and source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets, tooling, and select production materials and services. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with ALPHA LAN+ software requirements or as appropriately concluded with a requisitioned.
- Initiates purchase orders for raw material and service, arrange for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with department managers to ensure timely execution of product, services sourcing activities, and delivery dates.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Works closely with manufacturing managers
- Studies market prices and trends, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advises company activities with concurrence with plant manager.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from a senior buyer or the director of purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with the business requirements.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters with the Quality Supervisor and Plant Manager for any changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Assists in delivery problems.
- Procurement Planning
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Word.
- Technical Capacity.
- Monitor Inventory.
- Department Manager Collaboration
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work & Wage
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. $17.00 hr
At least 2 years of progressively responsible scheduling/planning and purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment