Rocklin, CA 95765
We currently have a Direct Hire opportunity for a Senior Buyer to provide Materials support for both production and non-production items. Responsible for the procurement of materials, services, and supplies used in the manufacturing of Division products. This is a role for an established Buyer who has sourced components for an electronics manufacturing company with over 5 years of industry experience.
- Prepares PO’s per requirements of MRP/requisitions and monitors delivery of product against PO’s
- Coordinates the return of damaged goods, replacement items, or credit arrangements.
- Arrange for vendor corrective action and work with SQE and supplier to improve quality.
- Plan and schedule deliveries to optimize inventories in support of production schedules, work with suppliers to maintain supplies to minimize shortages of supplies
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Monitor Supplier Performance/Communicate and Take Action to Maintain High Level of Supplier Performance
- Sourcing/quoting requirements for goods and services required to support the division objectives.
- Supplier evaluation and management
- Materials support for new R&D projects
- Maintain inventory levels based on forecast
- Communicating clear, concise information via phone, e-mail or other methods
- Work with inventory control to resolve issues
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in related Business field (Supply Chain, Finance, Business Admin
- Minimum of three years experience in a Materials/Procurement environment, preferably in a medical device setting
- ORACLE MRP/ERP software experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to manage entire purchasing cycle from initial quoting to confirmed order
- Knowledge of ISO, GMP, JIT, ERP, and Lot control required