Senior Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA 90058
Task Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Financial Reporting – Development of the Production budget model covering COGS by sub-Department, Overhead Departments, Logistics costs, and Production Operating Expenses. Budgets and updates will include all assumptions and analysis of actual results. Also handle additional forecast related projects as assigned.
- Month End Performance Measures – Determines month-end results of all Production KPI’s, Departmental Objectives, and efficiency measures.
- Staffing and Labor Forecasts – Provide both Forecast assumptions and variance of actual to forecast of labor staffing and hours by sub-Department.
- Capital Equipment Approvals – Ensures all authorizations are in place prior to capital equipment being ordered by Purchasing. Work with Purchasing regarding delivery and other vendor issues.
- Contracts and Purchase Agreements – Work with Purchasing and Finance in tracking performance of vendors to long term raw materials, packaging, and service purchase commitments.
- Key Performance Indicators – Work with Production management and Finance to develop new KPI’s that better focus organization efforts on recognized problem areas.
- Works with the Cost Accounting Manager designing and maintaining production, inventory and logistics performance reporting. Become a “power user” of Fishbowl software and any future ERP system.
Job Requirements and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an analyst. Experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Highly responsible person who takes personal accountability for all actions and sets high personal standards.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks. Preference for candidates who have worked with Fishbowl and BI /data analysis software packages such as Domo.
- Experience transitioning to an ERP system preferred.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting and inventory management including their relationship to the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Attention to details, the ability to manage one’s self, operate in an efficient manner, and interact with a diverse team effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work outside standard office hours as required.
- Comfortable in a fast growing, constantly changing environment led by high energy entrepreneurial owners.