Shipping & Receiving Warehouse Clerk-Contract to Hire
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Great 1st shift FULL TIME opportunity for a shipping and receiving clerk looking to grow with a company planning to double in size in 2 years!!
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipping, ensuring cost effective courier services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares shipments for ground or LTL services. Ensures appropriate shipping container/box/packing is selected.
• Prepares bills of lading and schedules pickups for LTL shipments. Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
• Inspects shipments for damages or defects. Records discrepancies or damages and notifies Warehouse Manager and/or purchasing personnel.
• May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment. May operate shrink wrap machine.
• Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Receives, stocks and/or delivers goods to appropriate areas in the company
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least 1 year of experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Forklift Experience a PLUS
• Leadership skills to lead team
• Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
• Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
• Previous experience working in a warehouse preferably in an FDA regulated environment
For more information: Call us at (919) 364-4400 8am-5pm M-F or email your resume to email@example.com