Columbia, SC 29210
Overall duties include, but not limited to:
- Learn and follow procedural methods to eliminate problems, improve quality and productivity.
- Daily data entry into the database for all incoming received and outgoing shipped orders.
- Knowledge of product and database functions.
- Sign drivers in daily, assuring they provide the correct information pertaining to their incoming and/or outgoing orders.
- Sign drivers out daily, assuring they are provided with an accurate Bill of Lading and/or invoice for our customers.
- Review each and every pick ticket submitted to the Shipping Office is accurate and signed off properly by the dock personnel.
- Provide communication between the dock, Sales, Sourcing, and Operations departments by communicating all discrepancies pertaining to any particular incoming and/or outgoing order directly to its respective department personnel.
- Provide drivers and/or customers with approximate times to when their orders will be ready.
- Work diligently with the Operations department to ensure all sales orders and purchase orders, are shipped and/or received on time.
- Troubleshoot problems related to Shipping and Receiving departments.
- Perform and follow policies and objectives that pertain to the Shipping department.
- Maintain an accurate log of checks and cash paid by our COD customers and submit them promptly to the Accounting department.
- Maintain an accurate log file that assures all Air and FedEx orders have been printed prior to their deadline on a daily basis.
- Maintain an accurate log file that assures all Bill of Ladings for all shipped orders have been submitted to the Sales department on a daily basis.
- Ship each and every Air and FedEx order to their required shipping destination promptly on a daily basis.
- 1-2 years previous experience in shipping and receiving preferred.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Professional work ethics.
- Excellent customer service skills both via telephone and in person.
- Must adhere to a flexible schedule.