Experience is REQUIRED!
FULLTIME! Direct Hire!
MUST pass Background, Drug Screen and Physical
Under general supervision and following specific instructions and well-defined procedures, performs duties in relation to processing materials into and through the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Verifies outbound order accuracy against shipping documents.
2. Creates and maintains serialization records.
3. Assemble orders for shipment; weighs and addresses parcels or crates; creates bills of lading.
4. Maintains records of goods shipped.
5. Receives all incoming goods, checks for accuracy against packing slips.
6. Enters all relevant information into electronic shipping/receiving system.
7. Maintains updated receiving files and follows-up with the Purchasing Department regarding receiving problems.
8. Uses hand trucks and forklifts for shipping, receiving and raw material movement.
9. Properly handle material to prevent damage. Determines packing methods to ensure the safe packaging of outbound freight; coordinates outside packaging services when necessary and ensure timely completion and shipment of product from outside vendors.
10. Resolves receipt and invoice discrepancies with Accounting and Purchasing as needed.
11. Coordinates the shipping and handling of hazardous materials, following established protocols.
12. Coordinates the transportation with carriers and freight forwarders ensuring timely shipment in accordance with customer delivery requirements and business necessity.
13. Reviews bills of lading and ensure freight costs are applied and entered.
14. Maintains current knowledge of transportation operations, including County, State, Federal and export transportation regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or Clerk II - 2-4 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Hazardous Material Handling/Shipping for Air, Land, Sea
• MIL-STD 2073
• IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
• International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
• Commercial invoices and export documentation (SED, Pro forma, DSP-5, DSP-119, etc.)
• Export Administration Regulations - export of commercial goods
• Federal Transportation System - Electronic Transportation Acquisition (ETA)
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of electronic mail, Database software; Order processing systems; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft® Office and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Call MARINA for Immediate Consideration! 951-297-3591