Shipping and Receiving Clerk
North Asheville Manufacturing Facility Seeking:
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Temp to Hire, 90 Day Increases
Job Summary:Receiving Clerk to manage receiving of incoming products. This person will also support the shipping and returns departments. Ensures all deliveries are received according to the purchase order and distributed to the appropriate location. Participate in maintaining accurate and orderly inventory of goods received.
- Keep dock cleared and ready for incoming shipments.
- Wrap and prepare inner company transfers.
- Unload trucks as they come in. (FedEx, UPS, LTL, etc.)
- Assure that staff handles all orders as quickly as possible with product received the same day of delivery.
- Inspect inbound shipments, accept or reject goods received.
- Check paperwork for accuracy.
- Resolve any discrepancies immediately (weight, quality, or non conformities).
- Discrepancy reports completed and forward to the appropriate people the same day of delivery
- Freight claims made in a timely manner and follow-up with purchasing or freight company when necessary.
- Packing slips forwarded to the appropriate people daily.
- Communicate issues to other shift supervisors when pertinent to efficiencies in operations.
- Input of all freight into the system the same day of receipt.
- Deliver shipments to receivers.
- Collaborate with purchasing and accounting departments.
- Provide manager with daily updates regarding receiving issues and provides suggestions for improvements.
- Mark inventory codes on goods using proper labeling tents.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Assist Raw Materials with: Loading scrap trailer, gay lords, organizing stock, fronting stock, wrapping stock, and labeling cards.
- Ability to problem solve
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to interact with all levels and types personalities
- Ability to multi task
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to list up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a basic math and reading comprehension test
- Minimum of one to 3 years factory related experience in both shipping and receiving. Experience with material handling equipment: Forklift & Pallet Jack
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.