Superintendent - Civil & Site Manager
Spokane, WA 99201
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Civil and Site Superintendent is responsible for the supervision and coordination of site personnel and the reporting of all relevant site activities and managing the quality of work performed in earth moving, utility installation, concrete, slip repairs, land clearing, erosion and sedimentation control.
• Must possess estimating, organizational skills, technical knowledge, scheduling, site logistics and coordination.
• Must possess excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate and explain processes to staff, trade labor and skilled labor for self-performed.
• Have a knowledge of heavy equipment with GPS operation.
• Ensure all site resources are effectively utilized and monitored to achieve timely completion of the job.
• Participate in specified Design/IS/Field Ops/Manufacturing meetings from Pre-Con Phase to Project Completion providing constructability and logistics insight as well as feedback for continuous improvement.
• Coordinate safety requirements and be a point of contact for Sitework Safety, ensure safety is top priority for all activities and ensure appropriate safety gear/equipment is worn/used on site at all times.
• Become familiar with each estimate to fully support its integrity and ensure that all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the project requirements.
• Ability and willingness to train crews.
Required Skills & Experience
A successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years in construction in a leadership role in the field and will have:
• Manage all field personnel and personnel needs for on-site scope of work.
• Primary point of contact for all site related needs.
• Assist with project cost and schedule development for initial estimates and budget updates.
• Review and coordinate with engineering, logistics and on-site project operations team for all details, project schedules, costs, site safety and logistic plans for on-site assembly planning.
• Ensure employees, trade labor and skilled labor for self-performed are adhering to company policies and provide appropriate documentation for those who are not following company policies.
• Manage budgets and schedule updates and forecast the overall financial success of each project with a specific focus on cost, efficiency and profitability.
• Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
• Review the status of the project at the end of each work day and prepare daily project status reports.
• Supervise the timely and accurate approval and processing of all timecards.
• Assist other company personnel as needed.
• Participate in training programs and meetings as needed or required by the company.
• Become involved in "on the job training" as necessary.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Higher education preferred.
• Trade License and certificates demonstrating skills in the area of expertise.
• Ability to work in a fluid and fast pace environment.
• OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates. Contact us today and discover how we're AtWork For You™.