Maintenance Tech/Electrical/ Mechanical Press
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Job Title: Maintenance Tech/Electrical ------ Automotive (Tier 1 - Supplier)
Shift: 1st ( 6 a.M. - 4: 30 p.M.)
Shift: 2nd (3 PM - 11: 30 PM)
Shift: 3rd ( 11: 00 p.M. - 7: 30 a.M.)
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Compensation: D.O.E. - Full Medical/Dental/Vision
2 weeks paid vacation in the 1st year!
Maintenance Mechanic: This position consists of repairing and maintaining all production and facility equipment, new equipment installations, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs. The qualified candidate will have experience in Machine building/repair, Plant maintenance, Machine tool electrician or Millwright, must be proficient in reading electrical/mechanical prints, and must have good attendance record.
· Repair and maintain high speed production equipment.
· Install new equipment.
· Follow established P.M. Program
· Machine/line troubleshooting
· Rebuilding equipment Job.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Experience with electrical/mechanical machine repair.
· Experience with welding and pipe fitting.
· Proficient in reading electrical/mechanical prints.
· Ability to use all shop tool
· Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly.
· Ability to stand, bend, or kneel for long periods of time
Responsibilities and Duties
Maintenance Technicians Responsibilities
· Must understand electrical safety practices for high voltage circuits
· Must understand hydraulic and mechanical safety practices
· Must be able to read and comprehend electrical schematics
· Must be able to trouble shoot and debug electrical circuits
· Must be able to read and comprehend hydraulic system schematics
· Must be able to trouble shoot and repair hydraulic circuits
· Must have working computer knowledge
· Must be able to understand ladder logic
· Must have basic PLC programming abilities to include; opening and reviewing program files, manipulating existing logic, adding I/O to logic and hardware
· Allen Bradley and Direct Logic platform knowledge is desired
· Must have basic integration skills
· Must have ability to use ARC, MIG and TIG welders
· Must have basic operational skills of vertical mill, lathe, and cutting equipment
· Must have ability to work unsupervised
· Must be willing to continue education in career field