Wastewater Collection System Technician --- Need Class B License
Banning, CA 92220
DUTIES: Entry level position in the Wastewater Collection System Division of the Utilities Department. Installs, maintains, and repairs a variety of wastewater treatment and collection system lines, equipment, meters, pumps, and related infrastructure. Inspects, cleans, and marks sewer lines for construction. Checks and verifies building locations within City sewer system operations.
Assesses, diagnosis, and undertakes preventative and restorative maintenance and repairs. Identifies replacement parts. Installs and tests repaired equipment. Locates manholes. Responds to emergency calls and customers inquires. Maintains and repairs wastewater collection equipment and machinery.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Knowledge of applicable city, county, state, and Federal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, codes, administrative orders, and other operational guidelines and directives.
• Knowledge of the City's and the Department's policies and procedures.
• Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and/or demands.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of water and wastewater collection and distribution techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of the use of water and wastewater equipment and machinery.
• Knowledge of safety practices in confined spaces, traffic control, and trench safety.
• Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting, and applying relevant city, county, state, and Federal statues, rules, regulations, ordinances, codes, administrative orders, policies and procedures and other operational guidelines and directives.
• Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
• Skill in assessing, analyzing, identifying, and implementing solutions to complex problems.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, staff, vendors, contractors, visitors, elected officials, the general public, and others having business with the City of Banning.
(continued on reverse side)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED and experience in wastewater collection system maintenance, or ability to obtain a Grade I California Water Environment Association certificate and Class B license with tanker endorsement within 12 months of date of appointment.
Commercial Class B License Needed:
a single vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26, 000 pounds.
a 3-axle vehicle weighing over 6, 000 pounds.
a bus (except a trailer bus), with endorsement.
any farm labor vehicle, with endorsement.