Tyler, TX 75701
@Work Group is looking for Pipe Welders to join our team!
Positions are full time and immediate start for the right candidates.
The position is responsible for welding pipe with tig, stick or mig process.
- Follow all work instructions given by the Production Supervisor and/or QC Inspector.
- Use work order travelers to clock into specific jobs functions.
- Making welds that pass visual inspection, x-ray or other nondestructive testing that is required.
- Making sure the pipe is square and level when welding and before the pipe is moved from pipe jacks from completion.
- Practice and participate in Lean Manufacturing intiatives
- Perform all work in a safe manner in accordance to companies safety policy and procedures
- Actively promote and personally observe all company policies, employee handbook, safety and security procedures
- Comply with company work schedule, including but not limited to overtime, evenings, weekends, holidays as necessary.
- Comply with company timekeeping policy.
- Maintain a clean work area
- Must pass welding test per ASME code requirements
- Able to operate overhead crane
- Able to use critical thinking to solve problems
- Read and understand fabrication drawings
- work well with others
- Speak read and write English
- Basic math is a must
Prefer 5 years welding experience, pipe welding/fitting experience and 1 year experience in a manufacturing or similar work environment. Must have a valid DL, Background and drug screening required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour